addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Resilience Hub & Portland Maine Permaculture Message Board › u pick orgainc blueberries?

u pick orgainc blueberries?

Mary
marygee
South Berwick, ME
Post #: 14
So, my few low bush blueberries are giving us about a handful a day, and I'm itching to get some more! Does anyone know of an orgainc upick blueberry place around?

I'm tempted to just go along the road and get them, although I don't trust all the salts, and whatever else from the cars may be lurking in them...also not such a good idea with toddler in tow.

Thanks!

mary
Donanne D.
user 7366070
Portland, ME
Post #: 20
Don't they have em at Max's house where we had the meetup on his family farm in Falmouth?
Donanne
David S.
stereoview
Washington, ME
Post #: 218
Blueberries do grow somewhat slowly. Anyone coming up next week should be able to dig some at my house. I have a lot of them spread around the property in less than optimum places. A big part of what I do is relocation based. My wild highbush were all rescued from places where they were suffering badly. They look great now and are producing excellently.

David
zengeos
zengeos
Gorham, ME
Post #: 224
I wish I could make it...would love more blueberries and some other native fruiting plants. Unfortunately, I have to work and was unable to get the day off.

sigh....

Mark-
A former member
Post #: 10
look for open spaces (clear cuts especially). there's usually some along the power lines if you live in a more rural area. Good Luck!
Lisa F.
lisa.f.organizer
Group Organizer
Portland, ME
Post #: 498
be careful harvesting anything from under power lines. notorious herbicide area...
David H.
PostCarbonDesign
Oxford, ME
Post #: 312
Lucas Tree makes alot of money$$$ spraying the CMP Line areas...and it's not Dr. Bronners or cayenne pepper solutions!
Lisa F.
lisa.f.organizer
Group Organizer
Portland, ME
Post #: 499
Lucas Tree makes alot of money$$$ spraying the CMP Line areas...and it's not Dr. Bronners or cayenne pepper solutions!

haha!
Mary
marygee
South Berwick, ME
Post #: 15
No kidding! The only place I would pick near a power line is where there is a no spray sign. For instance, I know right near sebago lake on the land owned by PWD (the part that's open to the public), is no spray. Actually, if I lived closer, I'd go pick on the Land Reserve....LOTS of good picking there.

(Wow - funny statement...I used to drive there for work...18 miles each way...and now I consider it too far. Huh.)
A former member
Post #: 11
interesting. i think private people own these areas i live next to. but i could be completely wrong.

either way, im eating radioactive blueberries! i can't taste sprays. why would they spray them? poop.