addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Resilience Hub & Portland Maine Permaculture Message Board › Lettuce, Greens, and Veg

Lettuce, Greens, and Veg

Penelope
user 5846522
Portland, ME
Post #: 63
In this time of plenty I have extra letttuce, greens and veg to include summer squash, cukes, and as the garden progresses tomato and other veg. Should members find their gardens were not productive in these foods I have some to share. Email me directly please.
Donanne D.
user 7366070
Portland, ME
Post #: 24
We could even do a trade. I have no summer squash. You have cukes already? I have baby cukes. I will have an abundance of winter squash. I would love some summer squash.
Donanne
Donanne D.
user 7366070
Portland, ME
Post #: 25
Perhaps we should have a meetup in sept to share our over abundance form our gardens. That would be great fun!
Donanne
Lisa F.
lisa.f.organizer
Group Organizer
Portland, ME
Post #: 503
Donanne, maybe the August meetup at your house could also be a bountiful harvest swap? But, just in case???
Donanne D.
user 7366070
Portland, ME
Post #: 27
Certainly would be fun. Let's do it.
Garden swap at the aug meetup at my house.
Donanne
Merry & Burl H.
BeMerry
Portland, ME
Post #: 72
Donanne,

Shucks! I wish I weren't going to be away in Virginia for the August meeting. If there are leftovers, I'll make plans with you for the 17th or after to exchange some stuff and talk further about the eco-village.

Everyone,

Remember the opportunity to donate extra harvest to your local food pantry. They are increasingly tuned in to local harvest. Wanda, who runs the Rural Community Action Ministry Garden Project (which teaches people to do kitchen gardening) also accepts large donations for Senior Shares. I would be happy to ingather excess from the Northern people on a prearranged date and take our produce to her.

Merry
Donanne D.
user 7366070
Portland, ME
Post #: 29
I love how you spell your name Merry. We can deffinately get together after aug 12th. The 17th sounds fine.
Donanne
francesco s.
user 3227838
Portland, ME
Post #: 24
Thank you Donanne and Penelope for meeting my needs for community, inclusion, closeness, and support by your generosity. I have deep gratitude for your loving actions. "Scarcity is man-made."
Penelope
user 5846522
Portland, ME
Post #: 64
Thank you Donanne and Penelope for meeting my needs for community, inclusion, closeness, and support by your generosity. I have deep gratitude for your loving actions. "Scarcity is man-made."

Thank you for expressing this setiment. The feeling is mutual. The folk and activities of the Permaculture Group certainly has enhanced the quality of my life and sense of community.
Merry & Burl H.
BeMerry
Portland, ME
Post #: 84
I love how you spell your name Merry. We can deffinately get together after aug 12th. The 17th sounds fine.
Donanne

The 17th it is. I'm putting it on my calendar and looking forward to it. Contact me, Donanne at mainelyorganic@yahoo.com Merry