addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Resilience Hub & Portland Maine Permaculture Message Board › Start a Tool Library

Start a Tool Library

Lisa F.
lisa.f.organizer
Group Organizer
Portland, ME
Post #: 523
For those in urban or suburban neighborhoods, this makes alot of sense....

http://www.portlandme...­
Ted M.
TedMarkow
Brunswick, ME
Post #: 97
Synchronicity! This is what some of us have in mind up here, Brunswick way. Makes complete and utter sense!
A former member
Post #: 107
Portland, Oregon!!!!! A few of us in Freeport having been pining away for a quality chipper that will handle substantial limbs. It'd be a perfect item for a permaculture tool library!

Winnie
Lisa F.
lisa.f.organizer
Group Organizer
Portland, ME
Post #: 524
When I worked in local government out west, I started "chipper days" and neighborhoods could sign up in advance for certain Saturdays. People brought their woody debris (we gave instructions, size limits, etc) to one central spot in the neighborhood and the city crew brought the city's chipper over and ran the stuff through it in about an hour. The neighbors had to haul away the chips (for their own use, etc.). It made use of capital equipment that was sitting around unused, diverted material from the waste stream or from illegal dumping, etc. The cost of the crew was more than compensated for considering the many benefits.