addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Resilience Hub & Portland Maine Permaculture Message Board › Portland Maine Permaculture in PLENTY Magazine

Portland Maine Permaculture in PLENTY Magazine

Lisa F.
lisa.f.organizer
Group Organizer
Portland, ME
Post #: 545
Sue, Lee, Kira, Francis, Elaine, Nancy, Tom, Lori and Dave...Did you know your picture was in a national magazine?! My comments were edited pretty heavily, but it's still cool!

http://files.meetup.c...­
Susannah
user 3832381
Portland, ME
Post #: 72
How fabulous!!!
Sue M.
user 3284483
South Portland, ME
Post #: 46
Aren't we a good looking bunch! That was a good productive day, and a lot of fun too. We look like we're having fun, don't we?
Lisa F.
lisa.f.organizer
Group Organizer
Portland, ME
Post #: 546
That was a fun day. It's funny that the picture includes an EPDM pond liner which some consider pretty "unsustainable." I don't love it, but I struggled to find another way to have a pond without either hauling in clay (also unsustainable) or using some other petroleum-based product. I guess the relative benefits of having water in the landscape are worth it in this case. The birds and pollinators are exuberant visitors to the pond.