addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Manchester Film Fans Meetup Group Message Board › What was the last film you saw?

What was the last film you saw?

Matt M
bluenova
Manchester, GB
Post #: 2
Can be at home, in the cinema, or on your fancy ipod type thing in the middle of the street.

So, what was the last film you watched? (and if you're feeling chatty, what did you think of it?)

Last film I saw was District 9

Not going to give anything away as it's our next meetup!
JO
user 3763738
Manchester, GB
Post #: 1,776
Literally the last film I saw was An American Werewolf in London. I'm in a bit of a classics mode. Left this one alone for years. I have to really. There are so many films I have to have a long break from, almost to to the point where I forget scenes and they feel fresh again. I watched it on VHS even though I have it on DVD. The TV/video combi is just a bit more comfortable head positioning wise when watching in bed with all the lights out. I watched The Blues Brothers again recently too on VHS. A great movie. Some joyously ludicrous scenes in there. I love Henry Gibson as an Illinois Nazi painting his little eagle in his office. It cracks me up every time. On a bit of a John Landis tip. Trading Places next. I really need some comedy.
Paul B.
user 6282507
Manchester, GB
Post #: 1
I last watched Broken Embraces (with this fine Meetup group) it was actually my first viewing of an Almodavar film, i heard mixed things before going into it, but i loved it, great acting and and a brill story
delphine
user 2982331
Manchester, GB
Post #: 3
The time traveler's wife...was ok but not as good as broken embraces....
JO
user 3763738
Manchester, GB
Post #: 1,782
Saw Gran Torino with Clint. A bit pat in places, but still a thoroughly enjoyable film. I find Clint very watchable and he puts in another great performance as a bitter old racist Korean war vet who finds he has more in common with his Korean neighbours than his vacuous family. I really hope it's not his last starring role. It really will be a sad day when he goes.
Matt M
bluenova
Manchester, GB
Post #: 5
It will be a sad day when Clint goes but having recently sat through Space Cowboys, which he starred in and directed, I'd say there will be at least some reasons to rejoice.
Paul B.
user 6282507
Manchester, GB
Post #: 4
Don't mean to be racist, but i thought the acting of the young Korean lad in that film was atrocious, otherwise i loved that film.
JO
user 3763738
Manchester, GB
Post #: 1,796
It will be a sad day when Clint goes but having recently sat through Space Cowboys, which he starred in and directed, I'd say there will be at least some reasons to rejoice.

Easy tiger! I quite like seeing old duffers in action though. Space Cowboys is probably one of those films that you could watch happily on Sunday night BBC 1 at 11.20pm. I wonder what Robert Duvall is up to these days? Or Anthony Hopkins for that matter?
JO
user 3763738
Manchester, GB
Post #: 1,836
Valkyrie.It was crap. Like Von Stauffenberg was a saint. Regardless of his rampant anti semitism. I don't mind the Cruiser. Some people really dislike him. War of The Worlds is a terrific movie. Might watch it tonight after tea.
sandra
user 10475435
Manchester, GB
Post #: 2
In the cinema 500 Days of Summer.....enjoyed it..
On dvd also Blues Brothers...absolutely hilarious...I have so many favourite scenes...in the restaurant...we want your leetle girl...how much...also holding up the wrong wine glasses...
At the Country and Western Club singing Rawhide...
Keep meaning to watch Burn After Reading on dvd as not seen yet.