We're continuing with "Beyond Beliefs" by Melanie Joy.
"In Beyond Beliefs, internationally recognized food psychology expert and longtime relationship coach Dr. Melanie Joy provides easy-to-understand, actionable advice so you can:
• Learn the principles and tools for creating healthy relationships
• Understand how to communicate about even the most challenging topics effectively
• Recognize how the psychology of being vegan/vegetarian or of being a meat eater affects your relationships with others, and with yourself."
For this meeting we'll read Chapter 7.
If you want to make the commitment to read this book , we'd love to have you join us.
Our book club meets on the first and third Mondays of each month. It is important that everyone attending the meetup:
• Read the assigned chapters and come prepared to discuss them. Also, be sure you've read all the prior chapters.
• Arrive on time and stay until the meeting ends.
• Bring your book to the meeting.
The meeting will be held at Key Tea, inside the Open Secret Bookstore. Since Key Tea is a business and they are kind enough to let us meet there, it would be best if everyone buys something, if only a cup of tea. Please be aware that not everything they sell is vegan, and as with all Marin Vegan Events, any food brought to the meetup table must be completely vegan.