A non-profit 501c3 for educational and scientific purposes as follows:
• Educate and increase the proficiency of its members in the science of radio communications.
• Provide for dissemination of information among its members concerning scientific advancement and progress in the field of radio communication.
• Organize and train units of licensed radio amateurs capable of maintaining radio communications as a public service during periods of emergency.
• Encourage and sponsor experimental activities in radio communications and electronics, to the end that skills and experience gained in amateur radio will further the application of electronics to the benefit of the public at large.
• Promote the elevation of standards of practice and ethics in the conduct of amateur radio communications.