The Humanists, Atheists, and Agnostics of Manitoba (HAAM) is excited to announce a panel discussion of Bill 18, which will be open to the general public. In light of the recent controversy surrounding Bill 18, the members of HAAM felt it was important to explore the bill, and to invite the public to ask a panel of interested parties for their perspective on its contents.
The panel will consist of
· Jim Rondeau, NDP MLA for Assiniboia
· Chad Smith, Executive Director of the Rainbow Resource Centre
· Dr. Sharon Wilson, Chairperson of the Winnipeg Presbytery of The United Church
· Donn Short, Faculty of Law, University of Manitoba
· HAAM president Donna Harris, panel moderator
There will be a brief presentation of the main points of the bill, followed by presentations from each panel member, with a moderated discussion. Members of the public will be invited to comment or ask questions of the panel members.
The event is FREE to attend, but donations are welcome. Please note that seating is limited!