addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Portland Mindfulness Message Board Mindful Events › Monday Meetup: "May I Meet This Merry Moment, May I Meet it as a Friend"

Monday Meetup: "May I Meet This Merry Moment, May I Meet it as a Friend"

TomC
user 7931343
South Portland, ME
Announcing a new Meetup for Portland Mindfulness Meetup Group!

What: "May I Meet This Merry Moment, May I Meet it as a Friend"

When: November 23, 2009 6:00 PM

Price: $3.00 donation

Where:
First Parish Unitarian Universilist Church
425 Congress St
Portland, ME 04101

This week's talk features Sylvia Boorstein, a seasoned Buddhist teacher and lecturer around the world. Her humorous style and clear message make for interested listening. Here is a description from Dharmaseed.org, where many of our Monday night talks can be found:

"My greatest joy is giving the gift of love and hope..., knowing it is possible for humans to transform our hearts. These dharma gifts include paying attention, practicing clarity and kindness and addressing the suffering of the world--which, of course, includes ourselves. "

Our evening will include listening to this talk, a short meditation, and some discussion about the topic. Please join us in mindful community as we seek to develop greater awareness and openness in our lives. All levels of meditators are welcome.

Warm regards,
TomC, Organizer
Portland Mindfulness Meetup Group

Learn more here:
http://meditation.mee...­