TIN NIGHTS ARE FOR PEOPLE WHO BELIEVE WE CAN WORK TOGETHER TO FIX BIG, IMPORTANT GLOBAL PROBLEMS.
IS WORLD PEACE POSSIBLE?
TINnights 2019 (Talks, Ideas and Networking)
WHY - The world has many important problems. TINnights are for people who believe we can work together to fix them.
HOW - We can only fix the world’s difficult problems if we collaborate and make new connections with other people.
WHAT - 1. Talks from two fantastic experts. Both trying to fix big important global problems. All talks will be limited to 15 minutes with time for 5 minutes of questions.
2. After the talks THERE WILL BE A BIG PARTY!! Music is provided by the wonderful TIN band.
Come and meet other people who believe the same and make friends.
1. Marianna Pascal (Communication Expert)
HOW CAN WE IMPROVE COMMUNICATION BETWEEN DIFFERENT PEOPLES?
MARIANNA PASCAL is one of Asia's best known communication experts. Her TEDx talk on learning another language went viral and earned 3.2 million views making it the most watched TEDx talk in Asia. She will be speaking about how we can improve communication between different groups of peoples to avoid conflict. HER MESSAGE is that we need to listen more and speak less if we are to confront the challenges of this century.
2. Dr Muhammad Abdul Khalid
HOW DO WE SOLVE CONFLICT IN THE 21ST CENTURY?
Dr Muhammad Abdul is a senior advisor to the prime minster and to The World Bank. His illustrious career has spanned 30 years and he has been crucial in developing many of the world's international organisations. The recipient of many awards he is one of the world's most respected experts on the nature of conflict. HIS MESSAGE is that the international community needs a more coherent framework to help resolve conflict between states.
19:30 - 20:00 - Networking and eating pizza!!
20:00 - 20:20 - First Talk
20:25 - 20:40 - Networking and making new friends!!
20:40 - 21:00 - Second Talk
21:00 - Networking until late
EVENT LOCATION - Reggae Mansion top floor (Bar area)
2. TIME - 18th of August 2019 at 19:30 - 22:30
3. WHO - People who BELIEVE they can make a
difference. Come and meet like minded people.
4. PARKING - Ample parking in the surrounding area
5. PRICE - PAY WHAT YOU CAN!! (includes free pizza!!)
IF YOU WISH TO DONATE LESS THAN 20 RINGGITS PLEASE SEND AN EMAIL TO - [masked]
You will need to email to reserve a ticket and then pay cash at the venue.
1. 25% of the ticket price goes to a UNICEF project that helps female entrepreneurs in Africa
2. 20 ringgits pays for the costs of doing the event (UNICEF donation, venue, speaker costs, T-shirts, marketing, pizza, live music)
3. 25 ringgits allows us to do more events in the future (And you get a pizza token)
4. 30 ringgits allows us to invite Bill Gates and Elon Musk for a talk!! (And you get a pizza token + free goody bag)
6. VOLUNTEERS - We're looking for volunteers to help run the event. If you are interested send us a message. ([masked]) You get a free T-shirt!!
7. CONTACT US - [masked]