What to expect: Regular meetup events mostly in public libraries to learn, discuss and create Machine learning/AI applications. We will have sessions for beginners looking to learn from scratch. We will also have presentations by Machine Learning Engineers/Data scientists/Professors about their current work and the challenges they face.
Mission Statement: “School of AI's mission is to offer a world-class AI education to anyone on the earth for free. Our doors are open to all those who wish to learn. We are a learning community that spans almost every country dedicated to teaching our students how to make a positive impact in the world using AI technology, whether that's through employment or entrepreneurship”
Types of School of AI Events:
1. Study session - Sessions covering 1-2 topics from scratch.
2. Regular event - Involves session from 1-2 speakers talking about any AI topic (library, algorithm, concept, ethics, etc.)
3. Study Group - Involves having an engaged conversation on a particular AI research paper or topic. These are open-ended sessions that involve discussing any questions about the paper/topic and discussing the merits of different algorithmic approaches.
4. Hands-on Workshop - A hands-on workshop involves coding. Attendees are encouraged to bring their laptops as they will be following along as the presenter guides them through a particular application of AI.
5. Hackathon - Hackathons are events that are up to 24 hours in length that involve attendees creating an AI application that relates to a specific topic. These topics can be as open-ended (Code an AI app!) or specific (Use PyTorch to create a price prediction app). Example of recent hackathon: https://www.theschool.ai/hackathon-archived/
6. Group Discussion - where everyone can participate in the making of a new era. - where everyone can share ideas and clear doubts. - where we learn to teach machines to learn.
We will have a session followed by Q&A to understand neural networks from basics. We will post the detailed agenda a week before the event.
Parking: You can find some free street parking. If you want to park very close to the library, it may get filled up sooner.