Speaker: Eric Busboom - President at Civic Knowledge
When Data Goes Bad
6:00pm - 6:30pm - ODSC Intro, Pizza & Refreshments
6:30pm - 7:20pm - Talk
7:20pm - 7:30pm - Q&A
7:30pm - 8:00pm - Networking
Eric Busboom is an entrepreneur, technologist, and philanthropist, and is most interested in solving important social problems using data. His career has covered nonprofits, telecommunications, software engineering, healthcare, fashion and action sports. His current nonprofit project is the San Diego Regional Data Library, a data analysis organization that helps San Diego County nonprofits to be more effective by using data more efficiently. The Data Library is supported by his company, Civic Knowledge, which builds curated data collections for nonprofits, government, and journalists.
Data projects always start with high expectations, but real data rarely meet those expectations. The volume and variety of modern datasets can hide as many complex problems as interesting insights. This talk will explore examples of analysis-halting deficits in several public datasets and demonstrate graphical techniques to explore and address them.
• Get free access to more talks like this at LearnAI:
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OPENDATASCI/
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/odsc & @odsc
• LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/open-data-science/
• NYC Immersive AI conference June 28 -29: https://odsc.com/nyc
• West Conference Oct 29 - Nov 1: https://odsc.com/california
• Europe Conference Nov 19 - 22: https://odsc.com/london