What we're about
Have you ever found yourself scrolling through Meet-Up wishing there was a group that would bring you the all the positive aspects of social collaboration without the negatives? I’ve often wanted to join groups of women for support and connection, but hesitated because I didn’t want another night that revolved around alcohol, or another calorie filled brunch that would leave me feeling bloated and guilty. I don’t mean to suggest that we will never share wine or indulge in some great foods together, but wouldn’t it be great if we first focused on connecting and supporting one another? That is what this group will be about.
This group will consist of meet-ups focused on improving our lives and will allow for guilt free social connection. A few ideas for meet-ups are:
• Monthly book clubs where we discuss a book that is designed to improve our lives – not just romance here ;)
• Healthy Potlucks
• Sharing Circles – Discussions about our lives, obstacles, and victories.
• Craft/Hobby Creation Meet-Ups
• Info and Discovery Sessions for topics of interest
• Girls Weekends Away – Yoga retreat in Austin? Meditation retreat in the Pines?
• Walking/Yoga – some sort of movement
• Brunch/Dinner out at Healthy Restaurants Ideally, this group will become very collaborative and women can design meet-ups around current interests and needs.