New or old to Chesterfield, come and join us to improve your social circle and make new friends. You must be over 18 to join this group which includes guests or plus ones. This group is for couples and singles alike. This is however NOT a dating group. If relationships form naturally all the better.
We arrange a variety of events; Meals Out, Pubs, Quizzes and Crawls, Brewery Tours, Ten Pin Bowling, Ladies Lunches, Ladies Dinners, Walks, Cycling, Days Out, Picnics, BBQ's, Cinema and Theatre, Music events, Board Games Evenings, Ten Pin Bowling, Wine Tasting, Coffee Mornings, etc., and welcome suggestions from members. Our Monthly Group Gatherings are usually held the last Thursday of each month where we can have a bite to eat or just a drink.
JOINING CRITERIA - to join this group I require a real name, a recognisable current photograph of yourself and payment of the membership fee within one month of joining.
RSVP EVENTS Please RSVP events you wish to attend, so Hosts know to expect you. If your circumstances change please alter RSVP to No so people are not waiting around and another can take your place if spaces are limited. You are allowed to invite guests to some events. If certain guests attend 3 times they will be required to join the group.
NO SHOW - We do also exercise a Four No Show policy: failure to give prior warning nor explanation afterward which has proven very inconvenient for the members waiting for them, those members will be removed from the group.
MEMBERSHIP FEE There is currently a £10 Joining Fee and a Yearly sub due the following January of your membership of £5. The fee covers site costs and expenses. This and any deposits when required are paid into the groups' bank account either by BACS, PayPal or cash directly to me.
INACTIVE MEMBERS If the subscription hasn't been paid, you haven't visited the site nor attended any events within the first month of your membership I will assume you no longer wish to be a member and remove you from the group, I will however make allowances for people who work unsocial hours, shift workers or those who work away as long as you communicate with me and respond to any messages.
We also use Whatsapp to communicate more easily with other group members. This is entirely your choice.
We are a sociable group and new members will be made very welcome.
TERMS AND DISCLAIMER
The purpose of this group is to arrange social activities for the members of CHESTERFIELD FRIENDS MEETUP GROUP. Members participate in events entirely at their own risk. It is not the responsibility of this group's Organiser’s nor the event Hosts of any event arranged to check and ensure the suitability of individuals to complete any particular event, it is the responsibility of the individual participating in any event arranged to ensure that they are in a fit medical state to do so, nor is it the responsibility of this group’s Organisers’ or Hosts for the actions of any individual, member or guest included. By signing up to and attending an event you confirm the following points:
1) You acknowledge that the Organisers’ including Hosts of this group do not necessarily hold any formal qualifications or any formal training in relation to any of the events.
2) You agree and acknowledge that this group has no legal duty of care to its members and guests and that its Organisers’ including Hosts accept no liability for any accident occurring from, or for any injuries arising out of, participation in this group's activities, including travel to and from an event.
3) The fees of £10 and subsequently £5 taken as a membership fee to Chesterfield Friends will be used for the sole purpose of running the group, this includes Organiser’s expenses. The money will be kept in an account set up for the purpose of Chesterfield Friends.
4) Members understand that on some occasions we will have to limit the number of attendees such as restaurant outings, weekends away or day trips.
5) Photographs – it is understood by all Members that photographs taken during events may be posted on the Chesterfield Friends Meetup site and if this is unacceptable the Member needs to make it absolutely clear to the Event Host that this is not acceptable to them.
We are a sociable group and new members will be made very welcome. So chose JOIN and once accepted pick an event and come along and enjoy life!