What we're about
Women face challenges in the working world that are unique to our gender—from a biologically and socially-related standpoint. As a result, the gender divide persists. For example, the 2016 Fortune 500 list included only 21 female CEOs, data shows that fewer women serve on boards than men, fewer women than men are retained in STEM positions than men. Data also shows that when there is a lack of diversity, a company is less profitable. Due to the current disparity, the female voice is currently lacking. And it the potential to get even worse under the incoming Trump administration.
I believe that women need support, inspiration, and empowerment more than ever. We're ready and willing to do what it takes. Through a supportive community of mentors and peers, a woman can be propelled to reach and achieve. Whether she gains the knowledge and confidence to ask for a raise, learns how to write a winning business plan, or learns how to propose a job share that will help her to balance her career and family -- the female perspective needs to get infused into the world and that will help create a level playing field.
Are you a working woman in the East Bay (and SF women are welcome!)?
You could be at any stage in your career:
- Employed full-time or part-time telecommuter
- Consultant/ or self- employed
All working women are welcome.
Topics could include:
1. Finding your voice
2. The lack of work-life balance in the world today
3. How to job share
4. Dealing with the gender pay gap, and offsetting losses through wise investing.
5. What companies are REALLY family friendly and why?
6. Being the “other” in the work place. When you’re told you’re “too direct” and “too meek”.
7. Inspiration: Elle Luna: At the Crossroads of Should and Must
8. How to write a business plan, how to get funding
9. Writers' circles
10. Sex talks
Weigh in to share what topics resonate with you.