New meetup date is already set. Full agenda will be detailed out in coming week.
Feel free to comment here or join telegram channel for discussion - https://t.me/joinchat/HGgXuRGpLVfSXwEdHRu9-A - more info on the topics on the channel.
- 19:00-21:00 - Workshop DI/roles as alternative to microservices
Note: bring your own laptop to be able to follow the workshop!
# More on the topic (Details to be updated next week):
Microservice approach is spoiled: it's too expensive in production because of many reasons:
- We need to perform complex orchestration job, especially when our dependency graph is nontrivial
- Deployment isn't instant and usually hard, it's not worthy to deploy any large Microservice-based product locally for a quick experiment
- Shared state and all the issues of shared state
=> We advocate "components" and "roles" instead of "services" and multi-tenant (role-based) apps.
So, you may start an arbitrary set of roles using just one process.
Such an approach has a lot of benefits for both development and operations:
- you have higher density, so you may deploy more components using less resources,
- you have lot easier local deployments - you don't need to take care of startup order, dependency resolution, etc
- This allow us to build better delivery pipelines: we may ship just one container having all the components embedded.
=> Such an approach isn't trivial to implement. One of good options is OSGi but it has many disadvantages, so we've implemented our own DI framework allowing you to
have roles without messing with OSGi.
If you don't have any experience in Scala but still interested to learn feel free to join.
Thanks to DataRoot Labs for hosting our next meetup!
Polova St, 21
For questions add new discussion here or message me directly. Also we have an open position (1 or more) @ Stacktome - junior to senior - more info here- https://jobs.dou.ua/companies/stacktome/vacancies/65627/
or pm me on telegram :)