Are you a single professional in who is new to the area, and eager to explore and make some new friends? Or have you lived here for a while but never tire of going places and meeting people? Then you've come to the right place! This group is for professional singles in their 40s-50s who do not have a significant other to do things with, and who want to get out & have fun! Most of our events will take place in NoVa, but we may occasionally venture outside that area. Activities may include summer concerts, wineries, kayaking, paddle boarding, walking/hiking, dining out, festivals, day trips, and more! This group is geared toward working professionals, so events will be scheduled for evenings and weekends when most can attend. Our group is private, so that people outside of our group cannot access your profile information.
In order to join the group, members will need to agree to abide by a few rules to keep things running smoothly:
1. No smoking or vaping at any of our events.
2. No soliciting of any kind is permitted. We are here to make friends, not clients.
3. This is NOT a dating site. Members who treat it as one by sending unsolicited emails to other members, or who corner other members at our events to "hit on" them, will be immediately removed from the group.
4. No unsafe or inappropriate behavior (intoxication, rudeness, etc).
5. Photo with clear head shot (no hat or sunglasses) is required of all members.
6. RSVP policy: 2 no-shows or 3 late cancels will result in being removed from the group. Late cancel = less than 2 hours before the event's start time.
7. Dues of $5 per member each year will be require to cover the annual Meetup fees.
8. The purpose of this group is to have fun! We reserve the right to remove any members from the group who create a negative or problematic environment for the organizers or for other members.
NOTE: PLEASE check your SPAM settings to allow emails from Meetup! In past experience I've had members complain that they did not receive email notifications from the organizer, only to later find them in their spam folder. The organizers cannot manage your spam settings for you, nor do we have the capacity to email/text messages individually to members whose settings are not set to receive our group emails.
Do you have an idea for an event, or are you interested in hosting? Let us know! We look forward to meeting up with you! :)