What we're about
Established February 2014, the Chapter Chicks Book Club is for women of diverse backgrounds who enjoy reading, dining out, and making new friends. Each month, members will rotate as moderators, selecting the book and location for the meeting, as well as guiding the book discussion. Meetings will be held on selected Saturdays at various locations throughout the DFW area. We will also do other fun things such as going to see movies based on books we’ve read, game nights, Painting with a Twist, book swaps, among other events. Come with an open mind, a positive attitude, and a love of reading!
1. In order to encourage active membership as well as assist with covering the costs associated with the Meetup group page, there is a non-refundable $5.00 fee, which will renew annually. If you are uncomfortable paying online, you may pay in person at a meeting. There is a trial period of 60 days to allow time to see if the group is a good fit for you. If you have not paid your membership fee within the trial period, you will be removed as a member of the group.
2. Please be respectful of other's time and effort by responding to RSVP changes in a timely manner. This allows the month's host to have an accurate head count for restaurant reservations. We ask that you make changes no later than 24 hours prior to the meeting.
3. Please post a profile photo of yourself so that we may have a visual to refer to for meeting arrivals as not all members and hosts may be familiar with one another.
4. If you volunteer to host for the month, you are responsible for selecting the month's title, the date and location of the meeting, as well as securing reservations. You will also guide the discussion of the book selection.
5. We are aware that we all have busy lives, so if you are unable to complete the reading for the month, please know you are welcome to still attend the meeting. Everyone's perspective is appreciated.