Join us for MenCamp 2018, our annual camping weekend with lots of private space to chill out, hang out, let it all out ~ and be.
Male friends and family welcome, any age, any stage, newbies to MenSpeak as well - simply muck-in with the rest of us.
- We're back at our fully functional Essex farm. (Hainault tube then bus / cab / lift / walk)
- Many fields to pitch your tent, hang your hammock, take your space.
- Hainault forest is across the road for good walks and wild nature rambling.
- Good basic facilities: fires, loos, lounge, kitchen, dining room, parking, all we need.
- Between us we can fuel the fire, pitch up and pull down our tents, leaving the site unspoiled and perfectly natural, just as we found it.
- I'll lead a short welcoming ceremony around the Friday night fire, for us to check-in and take our space.
- Paul Harrild will provide our Friday night feast with your choice of a wholesome vegetarian or meat casserole and delicious, freshly baked crusty bread to mop up those juices! Using locally sourced, excellent quality ingredients for only £10p/man, so please book by Weds 27th.
To reawaken our senses on Saturday morning, Paul will provide a cooked brunch on the glowing fire embers, with a quality sausage feast / halloumi cheese, with roasted veggies and eggs for £7p/man inc. decent coffee.
- You can take your personal space over the weekend, or hang out with others as much as you like. We'll check-in over the weekend to share who, how and where you are, sharing space, stories, silence and sillyness.
- After brunch, our optional MenBabble workshop will loosen our tongues and allow things to fall away, fall apart and fall together, without sharing anything with anyone unless we want to.
- MenBabble will lead to MenShout for those who want to shout out whatever we need to make a noise about to let rip and let it pass. A safe and liberating frenzy to let go with gusto!
£25 per man per night +food (unless you byo food).
£15 concessions / day-trippers / boys. Less if you're currently strapped for cash!
You can arrive and pitch your tent from noon onwards. About 7pm there'll be a short welcoming ceremony around the fire, so we all get to take our space and check-in, then spend the night around the fire together.
Some usually get up early and go for a walk, others just hang out, do the shop run, prepare breakfast, poke at the embers and brew up a cuppa. This morning would be an ideal time for us to check-in with ourselves and each other again around the fire / dining table.
On Saturday afternoon I’ll facilitate a MenBable and MenShout workshops.
Walks, talks, hang out, prepare breakfast, poke at the embers and brew up another cuppa, though we'll need to pack our stuff up at some stage and put the land back to the way we found it, or even better.
There'll be a short gratitude ceremony around the Sunday afternoon fire, so we all get to take our space and check-out, preparing to dance to the beat of our own drums from here on.
Please check out the MenSpeak ground rules [here (https://www.meetup.com/menspeak/pages/20251869/MenSpeak_Ground_Rules/)] and get back to me if you'd like to discuss / change anything.
Here are some memories from last year's MenCamp: