addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

The Sacramento/ Roseville Christian Therapist Network Message Board › Miscarriage Support Group - Now Forming!

Miscarriage Support Group - Now Forming!

Julie Jorgenson, M...
JulieJorgenson
Davis, CA
Post #: 1
It is my great pleasure to announce the formation of a Miscarriage Support Group in Davis!

Pregnancy loss can be devastating, no matter when it happens or what the circumstances may be. Women often report that their hopes and dreams for the future are dashed and that they feel as if they will never be quite the same again. The rollercoaster of hormones, thoughts, and emotions can be truly overwhelming. While studies demonstrate that up to 25% of women will experience at least one miscarriage during their childbearing years (making miscarriage the most common complication of early pregnancy), it is one of the most difficult and isolating experiences many women will have. Please help me spread the word that sharing with others who have experienced pregnancy loss can be both comforting and healing.

This group is for women who have experienced one or more miscarriages and is intended to provide a safe place to meet and share, to give and receive support.

This six week group will meet on Tuesday evenings between November 1st and December 6th from 6:30 to 8:00pm in Davis. The cost is $10 per session. Please see http://daviswiki.org/...­ for additional information, including a link to a printable copy of the group flier, and feel free to contact me at (916) 802-4198 or Julie.J.mftintern @ gmail.com if you have any questions.

My hope is to offer the Miscarriage Support Group as a recurring, ongoing service to the community – making this the first in a series of six-week group sessions. Your help in getting the word out to interested parties is much appreciated!

A little about me, for those I do not yet know . . .
I am a Marriage and Family Therapist Intern (#66457) in private practice, under the supervision of Jeff Wilfong, MFT (#46654). I completed my Master’s degree in Marital and Family Therapy from Western Seminary and treat a wide range of emotional and behavioral concerns which span from therapy for depression and grief to parenting support, couples counseling and beyond. I especially enjoy working with women in their “reproductive years” and have developed an area of treatment focus on perinatal (pregnancy and postpartum) depression and anxiety as well as pregnancy loss. I serve on the Board of Directors at the Sacramento Valley Chapter of CAMFT and am also a member of Postpartum Support International (PSI) and the American Pregnancy Association. For more information, please visit my website at http://juliejmftinter...­.

Thank you in advance!

~Julie

P.S. Special thanks to Mother and Baby Source (714 Second Street in Davis) for their partnership in making this group possible!