addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

Metaverse NY Meetup Message Board › If we had an actual metaverse how it could be

If we had an actual metaverse how it could be

Gary Lynn M.
user 101288082
Wichita, KS
Post #: 2
Has anyone actually read Snow Crash? My favorite book is Bug Park where you see and hear via a bug sized robot. I think this situation gets to the heart of the thing. Snow Crash to me was more Can RNA transmit memories? Can Virus transmit them? (Are virus the ancient remnant of a global ecology…) Can Visual input manipulate them? You know, The whole Whores of Babylon thing and the search for the potentially world changing 'ancient trigger actifact'.
The Metaverse was like you are the bugbot in Bugpark except the bot is your avatar and Bugpark is all Virtual. Think natural eye movement versus camera pan and dolly. What I would like to see from you guys is some stories as if that metaverse was here and now in Second Life.
Now, I have about exhausted the research on how to get there from here via non invasive means, and it would seem implants are in our future. But let's say for now just to ease the transition that the process is totally non invasive. (If we could just get something to put near to the brain and we could just get that something to resonate with the brain…) You know, just put on a little head gear...
So yeah I guess what I'm proposing is a writer's workshop, make it storytellers workshop, on how “If we had an actual metaverse how it could be”.
This is my own story.