addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Metro Detroit WordPress Meetup Message Board › Seeking Wordpress tutor

Seeking Wordpress tutor

A former member
Post #: 1
I am seeking a Wordpress professional tutor, someone who is willing to teach me, answer my questions, be supportive in my learning to further development.

If you are interested, please let me know how much you charge per hour. The first thing I want to hire you to do is to teach me to back-up my site.

Andre Buford
248-971-8570
A former member
Post #: 3
Hi, Andre. I didn't see any comments to your post and wondered if you received any help. I'm probably not skilled enough to answer your questions. However, if you haven't had anyone reach out yet, there are a few good sites that have 'how-to' guides. Check out Wordpress.tv and click on the 'How-To' tab. There are also good videos posted on Youtube. There are also some helpful videos on iTunes in the Podcast section.

One word of caution, be sure you know which version of Wordpress you are using (and if its Wordpress.com or Wordpress.org). This can make a difference. The latest version of Wordpress (V3.5) is a fairly substantial upgrade and not all plug-ins and how-to instructions account for the changes. If you haven't upgraded to Wordpress 3.5, I would suggest holding off for now. You'll find more help on the older versions.

Let me know how things are going. Thanks and good luck.
Deborah E.
user 11526574
Canton, MI
Post #: 40
Hi Bill, thanks for the follow up. I sent a personal message to Andre last week, with information and more questions. Didn't hear back from him. Hopefully he's found someone to help him.
A former member
Post #: 2
Thanks Bill And Deborah You guys helped out a lot that was really helpful information, although it would be more helpful for a face to face hands on type meeting so i will be attending the meetup in january. Hope to see you guys there.
Deborah E.
user 11526574
Canton, MI
Post #: 43
Hi Andre,

Great, it will good to meet you in person Andre. Did you RSVP for the January meetup? Just letting you know, depending on the length of the presentation, there's not always time to review/discuss member's websites/blogs at the meetups. A lot of people talk afterwards and arrange to meet at another time/date.
A former member
Post #: 3
no i did not ill have to do that asap and i understand ill have to try and meet up with someone who can someone who can help me with the necessary step i need to take to help me with the wordpress coding etc...
A former member
Post #: 5
Andre - I may have time after the January Meetup to connect and see what you need help with. As far as backup, here's an interesting article I saw posted today that might help in the meantime. Backing Up WP
Debra S.
Deb_Schmidt
Cheboygan, MI
Post #: 4
Andre (and everyone) - another article about backing up your WP site: http://www.wpsecurity...­

I often sit down with bloggers and talk about their WP site with them, Andre, so it depends on what you need help with and where you live. Unless you're ok talking over a Skype video.

Deb