addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Des Moines Metro Knitters Message Board Des Moines Metro Knitters Discussion Forum › Help Wanted - Holiday Party Coordinator

Help Wanted - Holiday Party Coordinator

Tamara S
iowaknitter
Group Organizer
Des Moines, IA
Post #: 313
Sara is working hard on making our January retreat a success and we need to give her a break. We need someone to step up and volunteer to head up planning for the holiday party. If you're interested, please PM me or respond here on the message board.
Brenda
user 2278568
Indianola, IA
Post #: 22
I will find us a place to have the party and make the arrangements.

Brenda
Sara
sarajbc
Johnston, IA
Post #: 105
Thank you so much for volunteering, Brenda! I really appreciate it!
Brenda
user 2278568
Indianola, IA
Post #: 23
We are going to the Raccoon Nature Lodge for the Holiday Party. It will be December 4th. It will start at 12pm. We will have a potluck again. And, if you wish to participate there will be a gift exchange for up to $20. I need someone to put the details and sign up on our site. Also, I need a few people to come and help me to set up tables and chairs. Sarah, I don't remember how did we divided up who has to bring what type of dish? Is there anything I forgot?

Thank you!
Brenda
Tamara S
iowaknitter
Group Organizer
Des Moines, IA
Post #: 315
I just put it up on the Calendar.
Sara
sarajbc
Johnston, IA
Post #: 106
I can help with set up that day, Brenda.

For the food this is what we did last year (and it will probably work okay this year too if you like the way it is set up):

Please bring (based on first name):
A-C Dessert
D-J Veggie/Salad
K-N Hors d'oevres/bread
O-Z Hot dish
Plates, cups, napkins, flatware will be provided but if your dish requires a serving spoon, bring it too.

BYO Drinks (non-alcoholic - Alcohol is not allowed at the Nature Lodge)
Sara
sarajbc
Johnston, IA
Post #: 107
:) Never mind, Tamara beat me to it!
A former member
Post #: 13
Thanks, Brenda!! This sounds like it'll be fun :)
Amanda
user 2748076
Des Moines, IA
Post #: 88
I'll help with set up. I've been so out of touch lately, I need to get involved again!