Want to get that soft focus in the background while keeping the subject in sharp focus? The answer lies in your camera lens.
This workshop is a hands-on look at how different lenses and different focal lengths will change the quality of your depth of field.
WHAT YOU NEED
As this is a hands on workshop you will definitely need your camera and all your lenses. You may also want to bring a notepad and pen to write notes. We will be shooting a series of exposures at varying focal lengths with all your lenses. The notepad will help you keep track of all the configurations. I will supply the rest of the tools needed.
WHAT WILL BE COVERED
In this workshop we will discuss;
• Exposure triangle and how depth of field fits into the triangle
• Focal length and depth of field compression
• How aperture affects depth of field
• Choosing the right aperture for the right depth of field
• Shooting manual or aperture priority
Of course I will also be available to answer any question you may have.
NOTE: This is a beginner workshop. More advanced shooters who have an understanding of depth of field may find this workshop too elementary.