addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Milwaukee Non-Fiction Book Club Message Board › Important message: Changing web sites

Important message: Changing web sites

Leo F.
lfernandino
Group Organizer
Milwaukee, WI
Dear All,

After some deliberation, I have decided to move the book club web site from Meetup.com to Facebook. As it tuns out, I haven't been able to raise enough money to cover the Meetup.com fee, so I think the best solution is to move to a free option. Facebook Groups allow us to schedule and suggest events, post messages to the group, and receive notifications, which is pretty much what we need. It's not as neat as our current website, but it should do the job. If you are not on Facebook, you would need to get an account in order to join the group (as in Meetup.com).

I want to thank everyone who chipped in. Your contributions added up to almost $60, which covered about half of the web site fees incurred so far. Since our meetings are few and far between, and there are only a few of us who actually attend, the cost per person per meeting ends up being higher than for most Meetup.com groups.

The name of the group remains the same: The Milwaukee Non-Fiction Book Club. You can search for it on Facebook and add yourself. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to send me an email: lfernandino@gmail.com

Best,

Leo