addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

milwaukee vegan meetup Message Board › Any vegan families with small children?

Any vegan families with small children?

A former member
Post #: 1
We have a two(almost three) year old, and I was curious about bringing him along to these meetups. I've looked at the pictures and I don't see any little kids, and I know sometimes the restaurants aren't very child friendly. Are there others in the group with small children who bring them? Or, if there are enough of us, could we start some child-friendly meetups? Let me know what you think!
Milwaukee, WI
Post #: 14
children are definitely welcome at the meetups! of course it's up to you if you feel like the restaurant isn't the best place to bring your kiddo (i.e., if there's smoking, maybe?), but kids are always welcome to join us. we do have a few kids who come sometimes, but we tend to have a different group every month, so you never know who you'll see! hope to see you at an event soon! :)
A former member
Post #: 7
Hi Lauren,

Our children are 7 and 9.
I've brought them to some of these meetups, but I have to admit that it's not too kid friendly.
The "big people" basically just talk for a long time. Then there is of course a long ordering process.
And then it takes a long time for food to finally come.
My children haven't been too happy at these meetups.

I really enjoy the meetups though and want to try to come now and then without the kids.
And it is possible to take the kids (we did for the last meetup), but be ready to have to keep them going (snacks/toys).

We had one meetup in someone's backyard, which was really great (thanks Kathy!).
The kids had things to play with and a lot of fun.

One event you can definitely take your kids to is the MARV potlucks:­
They are vegetarian potlucks, but the food is mostly vegan.
They are held at the Friends' Meeting House, which has a playroom for children.
It's on the first Sunday of the month and we always go there with our kids.