addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

milwaukee vegan meetup Message Board › New Comet Cafe Location?

New Comet Cafe Location?

A former member
Post #: 51
I was just looking at Comet Cafe's website and it states that they are opening a little sister restaurant in Bay View toward the end of April. Does anyone know anything about the new location?

http://www.thecometca...­

That would be great to another location to go to esp for brunch on the weekends. It gets so crowded there.

I havent been to Comet recently but I'll have to go so I can ask the waitress about the new location. :)
lindsay
lindsayt21
Milwaukee, WI
Post #: 24
this was posted today in milwaukee magazine's "dish on dining" (online)... no word about vegan-friendly stuff yet, but a girl can dream:

Getting Closer
Just got another update from Scott Johnson, regarding the project that’s been keeping him and his partners busy in Bay View. I’ve got a name for this joint, too. Drum roll, please… Honeypie. As in, the term of endearment. As in, expect pastries and other forms of baked goodness. Honeypie’s home is the old Annona Bistro, 2643 S. Kinnickinnic Ave. The opening is still about a month from now, so no honeypies yet. Adam Lucks is one of the creative minds behind the menu. (Not a stretch for him, since he’s been doing the same thing at Comet Cafe.) Lucks, still working out the particulars of the menu, is carrying over the concept of “simple, from-scratch” food popularized at Comet. Locally farmed ingredients – also, Wisconsin-raised, grass-fed beef – will be important. Lucks is working on a “base” menu (sandwiches, salads, soups), complemented by entrées that will change weekly. They want to keep prices down – no more than $15 for entrées, Lucks says, and $7-$10 for sandwiches. Weekend brunch is coming, too. I’ll give you more once the opening is closer in sight.
A former member
Post #: 52
Thanks Lindsay!

That sounds like it should be good! I always wished they had more desserts available at Comet. Everytime we go someone just got the last piece of vegan cake. I am pretty sure there should be something that is vegan. Comet is so vegan friendly am sure this place will be similar. Looking forward to having a new place to go to!
A former member
Post #: 53
I just read a new article on OnMilwaukee.com about the new Honeypie restaurant. I will copy and paste article but here is the link below to the article and a pretty picture of a yummy looking pie. Sounds like it will be opening second week of May! Can't wait!

OnMilwaukee.com Honeypie article

In Dining Blogs
Oh, Honeypie
We're counting down the days to freshly baked pie ...
By Julie Lawrence
OnMilwaukee.com Staff Writer

E-mail author | Author bio
More articles by Julie Lawrence

Published April 22, 2009 at 2:12 p.m.
Tags: honeypie, comet cafe, scott johnson, comfort food, pie

We've got some tasty news on the local dining front.

After months of working hard to rehab the former Annona Bistro space at 2643 S. Kinnickinic Ave., restaurateur Scott Johnson (Fuel Café, Comet Café, Balzac, Palomino, Hi Hat Garage) says he and his business partners -- Leslie Montemurro, and Adam and Val Lucks of Comet -- are almost ready to unveil the goods.

Honeypie, as the new eatery is called, will open in the second week of May, Johnson says.

He calls Honeypie very "Comet-esque," with a similar breakfast, lunch and dinner menu that focuses on Midwestern comfort food and utilizes local meats, eggs and vegetables. He also noted a few additions not seen at Comet, namely Cornish style pasties and Montemurro's family recipe for kielbasa soup.

And of course, homemade pie takes a special spotlight here, as the name suggests.

A former member
Post #: 54
According to the Comet Cafe website, Honeypie Cafe is supposed to open today May 19. I didn't see anything on the online papers about it. But now I gotta drive by to check it out and see! :)

2643 S. Kinnickinnic Ave., Milw. WI