Meeting Point Details (for those not tailgating):
If you don't want to tailgate (or just can't make it due to time constraints), I will be at this meeting point beginning at 6:45pm. If you're coming by bar/pub shuttle, it's basically where they drop you off. The AM sports radio network usually has a trailer parked at this point, and that is where you will find me. I will wait at this point until 7:05pm, and if you do not show up to claim your free ticket by then, your ticket will be donated to members of the general public. In other words, I don't intend on missing the first pitch, nor do I intend on coming back downstairs after the game has started to meet you at the gate to give you your ticket.
We'll do our absolute best to try to be as close to one another as possible in the MOLITOR General Parking Lot (Parking Map). The easiest way to get to the Molitor Lot is to take 94 W from the city and get off at the Mitchell Blvd exit, proceed north (right) and take the first right onto Story, following it until you see the parking attendants. From the west, you would take 94 E to Hawley, go north until Bluemound, take a right (east) and follow Bluemound until you see the parking attendants at Yount Dr. Advanced parking passes are 9 dollars; you can also pay for parking on the day of the game at a slightly higher rate of 10$.
What would be helpful is if, say - one or two of you all met me and Jennifer right beforehand so we could enter the lot in sequence and secure as many consecutive spaces as possible. We'll do our absolute best to be in the lot by no later than 5:15pm.
I've created a signup sheet that you can access here:
The first line's entry should serve as an example of items you can bring. Cheers!
Ready. Set. Go!!! Spring training is already in full swing, and my lovely wife (sports medicine) has already had her photo taken with Hank the dog. If you happen to watch any of the games this week either live or on tape delay, she's the long blonde/brunette sitting right behind home plate in the second row. Tough life, I know.
Anyway - it's not often that this happens, but your assistant organizer Andy has absorbed the costs associated with twenty five (25) tickets to the Monday, April 21st game. Game time is at 7:10pm, and it's against the Padres. If you feel "guilty" about coming for free, bring something to share for a pregame tailgate or just buy me a beer.
To be equitable to our longstanding members, as well as the familiar new faces that we've seen around this calendar year, a few basic requirements and reasonable requests:
1) You may bring only 1 guest.
2) You must have attended at least one event, not including the anniversary party at EVO.
3) Alternatively, you can come to one of the upcoming events prior to April 21st where one of the organizers can say, "Yep, met [insert name].Be mindful, however, that there is a limit to the number of people who can come to the game.
4) If you RSVP "yes", and cannot make it, and you do not notify us by the evening of Sunday, April 20th, you will likely be invited to have a long-standing and long-term position on our "purgatory list." In other words, if you can't make it, someone else would likely be more than happy to take your spot, so don't be "that guy" or "that girl".
5) As you RSVP, you will automatically be placed on the waitlist until one of the organizers adds you to the "yes" list. (more of an FYI).
We have the first two rows of TB 421. There's 13 seats in one row, and 12 in the other, so it worked out pretty well. As the date gets nearer, we'll talk about coordinating a tailgate. PBRs and Klements, fo sho.
Thanks for a great first year, and hope to see you at the game!