addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

NY Mostly Go Club Message Board › Brooklyn Go Meetup, Thursday Oct. 6th

Brooklyn Go Meetup, Thursday Oct. 6th

user 3181793
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 2

Hey Randy -

Finally worked this out , not sure where to post it – is this the right place? Tried to do it at ‘suggest a meetup’ but the formatting kept screwing up (prob. my fault).

A Go meetup in Brooklyn on THURSDAY, OCT 6TH, from 6pm - 8pm.

It’s for about 15 people - I reserved a room at the Business Branch of the Brooklyn Public Library (same location as the Brooklyn Heights Branch).

Brooklyn Heights Library
280 Cadman Plaza West at Tillary Street

It’s the Juvenile Auditorium Conference room on the 2nd floor.

2 Train to Borough Hall at Court Street & Montague Street
3 Train to Borough Hall at Court Street & Montague Street
4 Train to Borough Hall/Court Street at Joralemon Street
5 Train to Borough Hall/Court Street
A Train to Jay St/Borough Hall - Fulton Mall
C Train to Jay St/Borough Hall - Fulton Mall
F Train to Jay St/Borough Hall - Fulton Mall

B25 to Montague & Court Street
B26 to Montague & Court Street
B38 to Montague & Court Street
B41 to Montague & Court Street
B51 City Hall to Court Street & Cadman Plaza
B52 to Montague & Court Street
B65 to Jay Street
B67 to Jay Street

Snacks are allowed, as long as it’s nothing too messy. No food will be provided. No fee. Come anytime tween 6-8pm, but bear in mind the library closes at 8pm.

I have 1 board with stones that I’m happy to bring, but it’d be great if others brought their boards – perhaps they could email if they wish to attend and have Go boards?

Randy A.
user 11035296
Group Organizer
Bronx, NY
Post #: 13
Give a shot at using the "Schedule a meetup" function in the group tools, you should have the permissions to do that now.

The formatting can be a little quirky sometimes.

But try to get the time and venue parts filled in (you might have to create a venue if it's not there)

If you still need help, let me know and I'll either try to lead through it a bit, or put it up myself (and them make you the host)
user 3181793
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 3

Hey R -

You're a sweetheart, I hate computers - take a look - how's that?

Also, how will I know if other people have boards - if they send you an email, will you please let me know? We'll need more than one I think.

Randy A.
user 11035296
Group Organizer
Bronx, NY
Post #: 14
The event itself looks fine, I took the liberty of clicking the little star near the title, it gives it the pretty "Featured Meetup" tag. Feel free to use it for any events you want to post in the future.

It depends on how members decide to contact you. Some people might not notice you're hosting the event and email me directly instead. in those cases I'll forward them to you as best I can.

Any comments posted to the event emails everyone involved in the event, so that's often an easy way to organize little details (we did a similar thing for the picnic in the park)

Otherwise, feel free to use the "email attendees" (it's in the event page, right above the list of who's RSVP'd) to get in touch with everyone who's RSVP'd to the event.

Automatic reminder emails for events go out a week before, and a day before the event too, so eventually people will hear.

If you want to email everyone, that's in the Group tools part in the top right, "Email members".
I'll trust your judgement for sending email. Don't be afraid to use it when you need to.

Meetup tries to make organizing easy, but there's a ton of tools and little knobs and buttons to get used to. If you have any questions just email me =)