addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Mountain Stitchers Message Board › It's time to give back!

It's time to give back!

A former member
Hello Stitchers!

Those of you who have been a part of Sisters-in-Stitches for awhile will remember our 'Artful Bra Challenge' fundraiser from last Spring! We paired up with Kitsch Fabrics to raise money for 'Ladies Night Out' which provides free mammograms and cancer screenings for uninsured and underinsured women in Buncombe County. 'Ladies Night Out' is a TERRIFIC program which many of our members now utilize!

We are beginning to plan the event for this year (which will likely take place this summer.) We will be forming a committee this time around to pool our talents and make this even bigger and better than last year!!! If you are interested in helping to plan and organize this event, message me ASAP! We are meeting next week for initial brainstorming/planning.

Event planning and fundraising not your strong-suit? No problem! There will be a lot of opportunities to help along the way again! Details will be coming your way soon! This is just the very beginning!

Looking forward to hearing from you!

hearts!

Erica
A former member
Post #: 14
Erica,
You know I will be happy to make things for this fundraiser. Just let me know what you think will be best to make and I will do it. If I start now, I should have a bunch of things ready in time. Dish cloths, shawls, lapghans, etc.
This will be fun!! smile I could even make a purse or two.
A former member
Post #: 107
Thanks Julie!!! Your enthusiasm is appreciated! We are having a meeting next week to decide on some of those questions. I will go ahead and say that your shawls were the biggest hit last year, so that would be the direction I would send you in again. biggrin -Maybe light weight shawls since the event will likely take place in the summer. I'll let you know about some other items soon. THANK YOU!!! Can't wait to see what you create!
A former member
Post #: 15
Can't wait to get started. I have been looking up patterns for lightweight shawls and capelets. This is so much fun!!