addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The London Movie Meetup Group Message Board › MONTHLY MOVIES

MONTHLY MOVIES

Sandra D.
SandeyDee
Hertford, GB
Post #: 226
Thre are three of us posting on this board and two of us are clearly insane...

...I'm obviously the sane one....confused...I think you and Barbara need professional help..wink lol biggrin
A former member
Post #: 28
Thre are three of us posting on this board and two of us are clearly insane...

At least, since you say "us", you admit that you are one of them. I'm very afraid of sane people anyway...
A former member
Post #: 3
I wanna see Stardust

I see also there is an old but well-known version of Dracula I've never seen at the BFI this day :

http://www.bfi.org.uk...­

Saw Stardust when I was away on holiday - it was a double bill drive-in jobbie, coupled with some dire film that was part Lord of the Rings, part Harry potter rip off 'The Seeker: The Dark Is Rising'.

Being a big fan or Robert De Niro I was sorely disappointed he'd prod that script with someone else's finger, let alone his own. The Seeker film was such an obvious attempt at smashing together two blockbusters to try and make a hit it was actually painful to watch.

OK, waffle over.

Kaye
-x-
Gabriel
gabrieldasilva
Group Organizer
London, GB
Post #: 281
OK the next meet will be on 9th Feb (tho we're likely to have a non-vote one of some kind before then) so please suggest your movie/s here!!!
A former member
Post #: 5
smile To kick off:

The Savages
Sweeney Todd - The Demon Barber Of Fleet Street
There Will Be Blood
Juno
Things We Lost in the Fire

Rob biggrin
A former member
Post #: 2
i second juno.

or

no country for old men
A former member
Post #: 88
I suggest and would like to see:-

Sweeney Todd: The Barber of Fleet Street

&

No Country For Old Men
Will C.
user 4832343
London, GB
Post #: 1
This is the thread in which to discuss ideas for our main monthly movie meetups.
Vote lists will be compiled from suggestions made in this thread.
Please also add location ideas to this thread.

Hey Gabriel - I would like to suggest Juno - I'm sure there will be plenty of support for this one. I think Ellen Page has picked up an Oscar nomination which is impressive. Other good ones at the moment - 'There will be blood' or 'No country for old men'. I have just seen Cloverfield which is excellent!

cheers Will
Kellan
user 6072945
London, GB
Post #: 2
I'd vote for Juno... though i suspect it will have been and gone by march

'the bank job'
and
'river queen'
both come out later this month and will, no doubt, still be in cinemas by the next meet up
A former member
Post #: 78
For 9th March meetup I'd vote for:-

Jumper; or
Awake; or
John Rambo; or
The Bank Job; or
Untraceable

Also the following look good:-

All The Boys Love Mandy Lane
The River Queen

Quite a list...look forward to seeing if any are in the polls.

Lisa confused