addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The London Movie Meetup Group Message Board › Introduce yourself! (Plus your top 3 films!)

Introduce yourself! (Plus your top 3 films!)

A former member
Post #: 17

confused Or he could just be saying that to impress a bunch of Scottish/Portuguese/Burmese/French Girls...!winktongue

Oh, I'm jalous ! biggrin

Do you think he'll dare to confront us ?
Nah...like i said, No balls! winkbiggrin

Have you noticed that he doesn't even try defend himself from us ?
By his silence he agrees tht he's just a liar and a Sassanach and he has no balls.tongue
As we say in French "who remains silent, consents"

Betty
user 4511465
London, GB
Post #: 1
Hi my name is Betty and I'll be attending the next meet-up. I'm a friendly (semi-) outgoing person. L-U-V movies, so I thought it would be fun to go with a bunch of strangers every once in a while.

My top 3 movies are (drum roll please):

1. Shawshank Redemption (you must see this film, I envy you if you have never seen it)
2. 50 First Dates (sentimental but had me laughing loads)
3. Asoka (a little known Bollywood film that is a must see in my opinion)

Basically I love a movie that totally absorbs me into the world its creating from the film's beginning until the end.

See around...

p.s. must add a film! number 4. Graveyard of the Fireflies - amazing and heart rending another must see!
Gabriel
gabrieldasilva
Group Organizer
London, GB
Post #: 269
Hi Betty
Welcome to the group, and I'd certainly have to second your choice of Grave of the Fireflies- a film anybody who doubts the validity of anime should see!
Betty
user 4511465
London, GB
Post #: 2
Cheers Gabriel biggrin
Sandra D.
SandeyDee
Hertford, GB
Post #: 206

My top 3 movies are (drum roll please):

1. Shawshank Redemption (you must see this film, I envy you if you have never seen it)
2. 50 First Dates (sentimental but had me laughing loads)
3. Asoka (a little known Bollywood film that is a must see in my opinion)

Basically I love a movie that totally absorbs me into the world its creating from the film's beginning until the end.

p.s. must add a film! number 4. Graveyard of the Fireflies - amazing and heart rending another must see!

Hey Betty! You appear to have good taste! Althoug I'm not sure about 50 First Dates! (I'm a complete chick-flick fascist!)

Have you ever seen What Dreams May Come? I think you'd like it, I also strongly recomend Pleasantville - it's beautifully done.

Anyway, welcome to the group, and hopefully we'll see you at the next meetup!
Luv Sandey x love struck
A former member
Hello to All You Film Fans!

Well, I haven't seen nor heard of many of the titles listed in this thread :(

For me, my favourites are the ones I can & have watched over and over & sometimes seeing more in them. These would include:
The Maltese Falcon (just love it)
Mulholland Drive (i'm always kind of scared when it's over)
Bladerunner (beautiful, beautiful, beautiful)

Look forward to meetups in the future!
A former member
Hi there. I only stumbled across MeetUp pretty recently and as I love films, I put my name down. I was born and raised in SE London, moved to Cardiff in Sep 2004 and over to Nuneaton Aug 2007, so still a bit of a billy-no-mates in this area, but one of the first things I did was find out where the closest cinema was (and KFC, of course).

This questions about films always makes me cringe - when there are so many great films out there how can you wittle it down to just three? Well, rather than my favourites I'll give you three that I thought so moving that I tied my parents to their chairs and made them watch, in no particular order (ok, no rope involved, but a plenty of nagging - not film people)...

1. Forrest Gump
2. Shawshank Redemption
3. American History X

If anyone fancies a Nuneaton/Coventry MeetUp, please do drop me a line.

Kaye
-x-
A former member
Post #: 2
Le banned and och banned!!!!

No I know you're joking.
I mean you ARE joking, aren't you?
Otherwise, I'll let you organise a meetup for 'I pronounce you Chuck and Larry'.

I was on a flight recently and saw this film, absolutely hated it but my two friends with me loved it. I thought it was only me (usually love Adam Sandler (apart from Click and 50 First Dates).

Is it time for some new friends?

Kaye
-x-

PS. Being a big black woman I was too much of a chicken shit to go see Norbit at the cinema for fear we (my male companion) would draw...how should I say it....negative attention. lol
A former member
Hello everyone!

Some of my favs - in no particular order - are:-

Matrix
Crouching Tiger
House of the Flying Daggers
The good, the bad and and the ugly
Gladiator
Ben Hur
Alien
Evil Dead
Star Wars trilogy
The Trueman Show
North by North West
Pulp Fiction
Cube
The Terminator
Gabriel
gabrieldasilva
Group Organizer
London, GB
Post #: 281

PS. Being a big black woman I was too much of a chicken shit to go see Norbit at the cinema for fear we (my male companion) would draw...how should I say it....negative attention. lol

I'm sure you didn't miss anything at all by not going to see Norbit!!!!
Arrrgh I've mentioned Norbit again, will it ever end???