addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The London Movie Meetup Group Message Board › London International Animation Festival

London International Animation Festival

Richard F
user 2543752
London, GB
Post #: 50
Also just noticed that this week has the Festival on at Curzon Soho. I'll try and make it for the 9pm showing Wed, Thurs and Sat. They look interesting. Check out www.liaf.org.uk

See you soon.

Richard
A former member
Post #: 1
i'm going to the 7pm show on Thursday.

here's my number if anyone's about

might come along on Sat as well
Richard F
user 2543752
London, GB
Post #: 52
I enjoyed this evenings selection, although a disc got stuck in the equipment and we only saw half of the films (typically English). I'm looking forward to Thursday nights but I can only make the 9pm showing. I hope you enjoy the 7pm selection. Might see you afterwards. I'll be in a Mustard Fleece. Enjoy.

Richard
A former member
Post #: 10
I went to the seven o'clock show and it was pretty cool.

They made an annoucement that the films that they fu*ked up when you went to would be shown in a free screening at the bar on Sunday.

I've just put an annoucement for people to come to the Sunday "Best of" screening at 7.

I tried to look for you but left at half eight - maybe next time

kish
Richard F
user 2543752
London, GB
Post #: 57
The 7pm final is sold out on Sunday. I've bought a ticket for the 9pm but I'll see if there are any returns for the 7pm at about 6.35. Thanks for the info on the showings that I missed. I'll try to catch them.

What were your favourites? I enjoyed Nocturne and Ichthys from Programme 4. They were both imaginative and unique in style and ideas. Spare The Blood, Spoil The Child (prog 7) was saturated in provocative memories and feelings, but wasn't as abstract as I was hoping. Tonight's Digital selection had two stunning pieces. Jona/Tomberry was mind-boggling in imagery but slightly too much for 12 minutes (I had already seen it in The Toronto Short Film Festival). The brain can only take so much abuse! The one I loved was Ar(r)etes. The inventive ideas of transforming garbage into wild life was astounding. Cigarette butts into Sea Anemones among many, and the ecological point was well made. Let's see who wins.

Hopefully see some people there. I'll still be in my mustard fleece with a ghoti beard. The fleece hasn't got the ghoti beard, I have. Oh please ya'selves.

Richard