addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Jacob Burns Indie Film Fanatics Message Board › Buy Your Tickets Online to Avoid Sell Outs & Find Us

Buy Your Tickets Online to Avoid Sell Outs & Find Us

Kevin
user 2420367
Croton on Hudson, NY
To All JBFF,

I just wanted to touch base with everyone and note a couple of thoughts:

1. It's been brought to my attention that some members are not getting into the more popular film outings because it sells out either days or hours before the screening. All I can suggest is everyone should purchase tickets online or well in advance of the event, especially if the film will have a speaker afterwards.

2. Also, I've been told that several times a new member couldn't find me or the group, and consequently did not sit with the group or find us afterwards. There are a couple of ways to avoid this: 1) Find me at the Membership Desk before the film. I am always there, even if it's only for five minutes.
2) Look at the photos of those members who are attending and try to find them in the theater. We always sit in the last couple of rows.
3) Put your own photo on the web site so I can try to identify you when you are standing in the lobby or (hopefully) near the JB Membership Desk.
4) If all else fails and you can't find us before the film, look for us afterwards standing in the lobby before we head across the street or down the block to grab a bite and discuss the film.

Of course, I am quite gratified that the group has become such a grand success, and I look forward to seeing more great films and meeting new members in the future.

See you at the Burns,
Kevin
A former member
Post #: 43
Yes, I made that Rookie mistake last Tuesday; came in at 7 and no ticket.
Managed to see the movie, but did not find any of you.
Next time will show up early.
Thanks for the good movie selections.
A former member
Post #: 53
Thanks Kevin for all you do to make this group a great success.

Bobbycool
A former member
Post #: 8
great idea thanks for the tip. didnt realize how fast these things sell outcool