addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Chicago Film Discussion Group Message Board › My Resignation as Organizer of the Chicago Film Discussion Group

My Resignation as Organizer of the Chicago Film Discussion Group

Jimmy O.
cbroth
Chicago, IL
I will no longer be Organizer of the Chicago Film Discussion Group as of Tuesday, August 7, 2012.

This has been one of the most wonderful and educational experiences of my life. I hope the kind, brilliant, clever lovers of cinema who constitute our group can keep our tribe alive. While I may pass leadership along, I'm CFDG 4ever.

Cinematically Yrs,

Always,

Jim Schuermann

(Jimmy Otto)
Brad
bstrauss30
Chicago, IL
Post #: 62
Jimmy, we all owe you a debt of gratitude for starting this group and making it a welcome place for film buffs of all stripes. All you’ve done is much appreciated and I hope we’ll see you and Cathy at future events, regardless of in what capacity. Thanks!!!
Al
cinemAL
Group Organizer
Chicago, IL
Post #: 34
Jimmy, I am so glad you had set up this group, which has managed the rare achievement of an open, varied, fun, insightful, exciting discussion about movies free of snobbery or didacticism, and has enriched my views and scope of films beyond measure.

(And thanks for hooking me on von Sternberg - go go "Scarlet Empress"!! Now to get to some more of those Borzage films ....)
A former member
Post #: 156
Jimmy, you did a terrific job. This is by far the best meetup in the city, and that is because you established the principals behind it.