addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
Andy C.
user 16372461
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 96
Say what?

Don't worry about Sven's comment. I was under the gun and had to submit something to cotn. The judges all will be instructed to be prepared to make sure they have a back-up 1-5 to run for new folks. Otherwise our area is regionally premiering all December and January scenarios.

So what Sven is warning is that there will be a limited amount to play if you play or run any of the December or January scenarios prior to cotn.
Andy C.
user 16372461
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 97
Say what?

Don't worry about Sven's comment. I was under the gun and had to submit something to cotn. The judges all will be instructed to be prepared to make sure they have a back-up 1-5 to run for new folks. Otherwise our area is regionally premiering all December and January scenarios.

So what Sven is warning is that there will be a limited amount to play if you play or run any of the December or January scenarios prior to cotn.
Sven
Barrel_Rider
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 103

Actually what I said was, there is nothing but new scenarios at CotN.

So don't play any new PFS scenarios if you plan on going to CotN.
Sven
Barrel_Rider
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 104
Don't worry about Sven's comment. I was under the gun and had to submit something to cotn. The judges all will be instructed to be prepared to make sure they have a back-up 1-5 to run for new folks.

So there's a chance that if I sign up for a 7-11 scenario I could instead be forced to play a Tier 1-2 scenario if the 5 other players at my table didn't comprehend what "7-11" means?
Andy C.
user 16372461
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 98
Don't worry about Sven's comment. I was under the gun and had to submit something to cotn. The judges all will be instructed to be prepared to make sure they have a back-up 1-5 to run for new folks.

So there's a chance that if I sign up for a 7-11 scenario I could instead be forced to play a Tier 1-2 scenario if the 5 other players at my table didn't comprehend what "7-11" means?

I would imagine you wouldn't want to be forced to play a 7-11 with a bunch of level 7 pregens?

I also think it is a poor policy to allow, let alone force, players to play a 7-11 with pregens to begin with.

But if you sign up for a 7-11, we will do what we can to make sure you have a table of players with 7th to 11th level characters.

But yeah, if you want to deal with worst case scenarios, that's fine. There will always be something that will pop up that a convention coordinator will have to deal with on the spot. There is never a perfect way to organize a convention, when you ultimately don't know who will show up to play.
Andy C.
user 16372461
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 99
Also don't forget, we have the Gen Con Special, Race for the Runecarved Key on Saturday afternoon. That's not a new scenario, but it will be the first time many in Minnesota have seen it.
A former member
Post #: 33
Also don't forget, we have the Gen Con Special, Race for the Runecarved Key on Saturday afternoon. That's not a new scenario, but it will be the first time many in Minnesota have seen it.
Definitely looking forward to that one. :D
Brian L.
Wraithcannon
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 48
Ok, I just don't want to have nothing but Season 4 scenarios offered at con. I put my name in the hat to help GM just like last year, and I want to know what you have planned and what my part to play will be.

If we're not doing all S4 then great, I would like to make the humble suggestion that we look at was run last year, since some of our tables will be filled with con-goers that only play there and it would be a shame offer the same scenarios. It would also be a good idea to look back at the last 3 months to see what has been played locally, and avoid using those adventures as well.

Other than that, I hope we have some "We be Goblins" and a few tables of first steps (which we need to use while we still can, the paizo staff have already hinted that this series will be done away with if certain factions are removed from play). We've got over 4 seasons worth of scenarios to choose from, and I'm looking forward to running a few old favorites.
Andy C.
user 16372461
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 100
I will have something together by the end of the week for what the exact line-up will be, and what the GM's who've offered to help will be assigned to do.

A former member
Post #: 34
Aw, and here I was so happy that I was able to play nothing but S4 throughout the Con. I even arranged it such that if I get all my first picks for each slot, and if Thomas the Tiefling Hero is at exactly 5.2 when I start, I can start with a 1-5 and go in ascending order all the way to a 7-11 with the same character, ending at 7.1. ;)

Not that I'd be devastated if the stars didn't quite align for that, but it's an amusing thought, isn't it? :D