addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

MY SISTER'S KEEPER Women's Social Group of L.A. and SFV Message Board › Anyone Know of an Organization that Helps Women Cancer Patients?

Anyone Know of an Organization that Helps Women Cancer Patients?

Joan R.
JoanReiss
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 5
This is a longshot, but I'm hoping someone can help. I have give prosthetic breast forms that I no longer need. They're in excellent condition and I'd like to donate them, but I don't know of any organization that can accept them. I called the American Cancer Society and they couldn't help. I know we used to collect clothing for a women's shelter, but I can't remember the name of it. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Joan Reiss
A former member
Post #: 317
Great question Joan! I have one that I would like to donate too and haven't had any luck in finding an organization in San Bernardino county/Inland Empire. It would be great to find out which organizations accept these these types of donations. Have you tried the City of Hope?
Estelle
user 10159660
Beverly Hills, CA
Post #: 8
I would begin by calling the local chapter of the Susan Komen Group and ask for suggestions. (The controversial national leadership has resigned). Alternatively, perhaps a social worker might have some suggestions.

Los Angeles County Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure©
11845 West Olympic Boulevard, Suite 665W, Los Angeles, CA 90064 · Phone: 310-575-3011

A former member
Post #: 2
You can try Breast Cancer Angels and see if they might take them? They are an organization that help women going through cancer treatments, etc.
Joan R.
JoanReiss
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 6
I wanted to follow up on my original question with the good news that I found an organization to take my breast forms. It is Helen's Room located at 860 Parkview Drive North, El Segundo, CA 90245. Sadly, health department regulations prevent hospitals from accepting breast forms for re-use.
Tina
user 13318628
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 8
THERE IS A WOMENS SUPPORT GROUP FOR CANCER IN PASADENA ON ARROYO BLVD.
TINA C
Tmesha Y.
user 73197622
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 7
If you ladies cannot find an Organization, maybe you can create one. Let me know I would be interested. I lost a family member to cancer. She was only 39 yrs old and a Grandfather to brain cancer all in the same year (30 days apart). Although there are a lot of organizations, its always room for more especially if its a need and no one has one in place.

I am also offering information on Alkaline water to those who are dealing with or have dealt with cancer. Please let me know if anyone is interested or know someone who is looking to try some life changing things.
Keep the support circulating
A former member
Post #: 322
Ladies, thanks so much for the information on where we can donate breast forms. I will look into it and donate the one that I have to a breast cancer patient in need.