• Free COGNAC, beer & drinks, swag giveaways, food & fun! Plus, win a Kindle Fire!
• Dr. Flavio Villanustre, VP Technology of LexisNexis HPCC Systems (& Former-Neurosurgeon!)
• Arjuna Chala, Sr. Director, LexisNexis HPCC Systems
• A Database Month event http://www.DBMonth.com/database/data-lake-analytics
Most data today tends to be big data. Companies of all sizes are searching for platforms and tools to manage their rapidly growing data sets. However, despite the number of platforms available, bringing heterogeneous data into a homogenous data lake environment is one of the most daunting aspects of any big data implementation.
Join Flavio and Arjuna as they discuss real-world case studies to illustrate how to manage disparate data with ease and efficiency. They will walk through how to profile, transform, aggregate and analyze New York City taxi data to extract many important conclusions including traffic volume by day, hour, and week for a given area, number of trips to and from an airport, cash transactions vs credit, and much more using the open-source (and completely free) HPCC Systems platform built by LexisNexis, one of the largest data aggregating companies in the world. LexisNexis Risk Solutions built HPCC Systems on the premise that big data is actually a solution and not a problem, and harvesting large data from thousands of sources helps in incorporating a learning-based approach to handling data.
In this fun-filled presentation, you will learn how to:
• Improve the speed and accuracy of the processes for transformation, cleaning, normalization and aggregation
• Enable efficient use of developer resources and development budgets
• Facilitate the use of standard hardware, operating systems and protocols
••• Dr. Flavio Villanustre, VP Technology, LexisNexis HPCC Systems •••
Dr. Flavio Villanustre leads HPCC Systems, and is also VP of Technology for LexisNexis Risk Solutions. In this position, he is responsible for information security, overall platform strategy and new product development. Dr. Villanustre is also involved in a number of projects involving big data integration, analytics and business intelligence. Previously, Dr. Villanustre was Director of Infrastructure for Seisint.
Dr. Villanustre was a neurosurgeon prior to his technology career.
••• Arjuna Chala, Sr. Director, LexisNexis HPCC Systems •••
Arjuna Chala is Senior Director of Special Projects for the HPCC Systems platform at LexisNexis Risk Solutions. With almost 20 years of experience in software design, Arjuna leads the development of next generation big data capabilities including creating tools around exploratory data analysis, data streaming and business intelligence.
• Swag giveaway + food/drinks at 6:30pm
• Power-Networking at 6:35pm
• Presentation starts at 6:40pm
Please go to https://www.TechieYouth.org and learn how you can help a foster-kid who needs you - they have no one else!