• Free T-shirts, BLACK VODKA, pizza/food, beer, giveaways + win a $200 Uber Card!
• Rasmus Johansson, VP of Engineering, MariaDB
• A Database Month event http://www.DBMonth.com/database/mariadb-tx
We have a reason to celebrate! You finally have an open-source alternative to proprietary databases like Oracle, IBM DB2 and MS SQL Server! In the past, features like temporal tables and queries, purpose-built storage engines, data masking and obfuscation with instant, invisible or compressed columns required the use of a proprietary database, but now MariaDB TX 3.0 delivers these in an enterprise open source database.
This presentation introduces the latest features available in MariaDB TX 3.0, why they were developed, how you can use them and what they mean for your business.
You will learn about:
• Oracle compatibility, including sequences and stored procedures
• Temporal tables and queries, as well as deployment strategies
• The use of different storage engines for different tables
• Protecting personal data with masking and obfuscation
• Adding columns without ever needing to rebuild tables
As part of our celebration, we will be pouring Salmiakki Koskenkorva, a licorice-flavored black vodka that is a favorite of Finland!
••• Rasmus Johansson, VP of Engineering, MariaDB •••
Rasmus manages MariaDB Server development. He joined Monty Program Ab in 2010 where he served as the COO of the company. Monty Program became MariaDB Corporation after merging with SkySQL in 2013.
Previously, Rasmus worked for Microsoft where he focused on SQL Server and before that he worked for CGI and Icon Medialab. He started his career as a developer and still enjoys being part of engineering. He is based in Helsinki, Finland.
• Swag giveaway + food/drinks at 6:30pm
• Power-Networking at 6:35pm
• Presentation starts at 6:40pm
Can you help a foster-kid who is living without any parents or family and needs you? Learn how you can help now at https://www.TechieYouth.org