• Free cheese, caviar, edible-goodies, fun hard-drinks & swag giveaways + win a RetroMini RetroGame!
• Patrick McFadin, Chief Evangelist of Apache Cassandra & DataStax Consultant
• A Database Month event http://www.DBMonth.com/database/apache-cassandra
The world's data and the speed with which we expect to access it continues to grow rapidly. Apache Cassandra was built for hybrid cloud implementations and that makes it easy for companies to fully exploit their cloud strategies without having to re-architect their applications or change their systems for data management.
Sounds too good to be true? A lot of big companies have been doing it for years and you can too!
In this presentation, we will cover best practices and strategies for deploying your app to Cassandra on any cloud that you want.
We will discuss:
• Uses cases that require the power of Cassandra for hybrid cloud
• Data model considerations for your active anywhere application
• Deployment strategies on any cloud. We do not care which cloud :)
We will also perform a live demo running a true hybrid cloud setup. We will take the wrecking ball to it while you watch and be amazed as the application keeps on running. This is something that you will not want to miss, so hit that RSVP button and enjoy the free food and drinks!
••• Patrick McFadin, Chief Evangelist of Apache Cassandra & DataStax Consultant •••
Patrick McFadin is the VP of Developer Relations at DataStax, where he leads a team devoted to making users of DataStax products successful.
He has also worked as Chief Evangelist for Apache Cassandra and consultant for DataStax, where he helped build some of the largest and exciting deployments in production.
Previous to DataStax, he was Chief Architect at Hobsons and an Oracle DBA/Developer for over 15 years.
• Swag giveaway + food/drinks at 6:30pm
• Power-Networking at 6:35pm
• Presentation starts at 6:40pm
•••> You can utilize technology to help a foster-child without parents or family redirect their lives! Learn how now: https://www.TechieYouth.org