Nash.rb Message Board › Sr. Ruby on Rails UI/UX Developer position at Startup in Nashville!
Position Description: Ruby On Rails – UI/UX Developer
On the leading edge of applying social predictive analytics to aggregate internal and external market intelligence. A Nashville based early-stage company with west coast attitude; we are a pioneer in the exciting enterprise collective intelligence industry, serving some of the most innovative global organizations - such as Best Buy, Motorola, and GE. Our solution is a social application built around a prediction market to capture crucial leading indicators that help accelerate decision making.
We provide an established, comprehensive solution, including Software as a Service (SaaS) with an on-demand or on-site license delivery model, project management, and consulting services. The platform is based on secure, open systems and scalable, three-tiered architecture and has an API for integration with any enterprise technology platform.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Seeking a software developer with entrepreneurial initiative and technical passion. The position will be responsible for development and support of new products and features using Ruby on Rails within a SCRUM process. This position will have a particular focus on user interface development. The developer should welcome implementation transparency, idea sharing and have a track record of meeting or exceeding deadlines.
Skills and Experience:
• Experience developing Ruby on Rails 3 applications
• User Experience (UX) engineering experience
• 3+ years software development experience
• Rails 3 asset pipeline knowledge
• Excellent understanding of templating technology, esp. ERB templating
• HTML 5, CSS
• Experience with UI design
• Ability to show a design portfolio
• Experience developing UX for mobile applications
• Experience working in an Agile development team
• Good communication skills and emotional intelligence - We are an early-stage company, you must be able to roll with the punches and play well with others
• Willing to go the extra mile and do what it takes to deliver
• Ability and willingness to collaborate with internal and external resources during solution development.
• Strong interest in emerging technologies, desire to always stay on the bleeding edge