We meet twice a month at Second Harvest. Come join us !! Help needed even more now with all that is going on !!!
5:30 - 8:00 PM
Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee’s mission is to feed hungry people and solve hunger issues in our community. This is not possible without the help of countless volunteers that work each year who help get food ready to go out to the community.
Group Member Registration
• All adults including the group leader must create an account and sign up for the shift using your group’s personalized landing page https://secondharvestmidtn.volunteerhub.com/lp/HikingMeetUp/ . This allows us to know who is volunteering and also serves as the volunteer waiver for adults.
• Minors MUST have a parent or guardian sign the attached Youth Volunteer Application. This can be turned in the day of the volunteer project. In addition, minors may choose to create their own account and sign up for the shift using your group’s landing page in order to track volunteer hours. The online signup is optional for minors, however, the hardcopy Youth Volunteer Waiver is required.
Volunteer Duties/Policies and Procedures
Please review the attached policies and procedures prior to your shift and be sure to note these important policies:
• ALL warehouse volunteers must wear close-toed shoes. Volunteers wearing sandals or flip-flops will not be allowed to volunteer. Please ensure that everyone in your group is aware of this policy.
• There are several volunteer projects at Second Harvest that include refrigerated sorting. Please have everyone bring cozy layers in case we ask you to do a “cool” volunteer project!
• No bags, purses or backpacks are allowed in the volunteer area. Please leave these items at home or in a locked vehicle.
Google Map to Second Harvest at 331 Great Circle Road, Nashville, TN 37228 (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=331+Great+Circle+Road+Nashville,+TN+37228&hnear=331+Great+Circle+Rd,+Nashville,+Davidson,+Tennessee+37228&gl=us&t=m&z=16)
Volunteer parking is at the front part of the lot, closest to the front doors of the building. When you arrive, please sign in at the kiosk and we'll get everyone set with job assignments.