addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Nashville Hiking Meetup Message Board › Virgin falls loop

Virgin falls loop

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi guys. I am new to Nashville and this group and have been looking forward to finding an event soon when it fits in my schedule. On sat may 5th I am most likely going to get up early and do the virgin falls loop a couple of hours from here. I was wondering if anyone else had done this and just wanted to say hello and I hope to meet you guys at an event soon! Also I live close to Percy priest lake and would be very interested in paddling out to one of those islands to camp.
Kelly S.
kelstew
Group Organizer
Nashville, TN
Post #: 277
Jonathan,

Virgin Falls is probably mile-for-mile one of the best hikes in middle Tennessee. Hence it is one of the most popular (not a bad thing). It is a balloon hike, meaning one line in, a loop, and then the same line back out.

Since it is so popular, there are several false trails where people have traversed thinking it was actual trail, so just be aware of that. You won't get lost, though.

My recommendation is to hike straight in, take a left at the balloon, hit the big falls, hike the loop out, then take the overlook if you feel up for it at the end.

If you'd like a trail map, email me at kelstew@gmail.com.