addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Nashville Animal Advocacy Message Board › We've got one more chance to defeat this bill - please make your call today!!

We've got one more chance to defeat this bill - please make your call today!!

Laura
user 45529102
Franklin, TN
Post #: 35
From Gene Bauer, Farm Sanctuary:

Last year, the Humane Society of the United States secured 38 charges of cruelty to horses based on its undercover investigation of horse abuser Jackie McConnell and his associates. I remember the first time I watched their tragic undercover video of horses being whipped, kicked, and burned with caustic chemicals like it was yesterday.

Shockingly, last week the Tennessee legislature passed a law that would make undercover investigations illegal, protecting abusers like McConnell from ever being discovered.

Please watch this video and then, if you agree with me that animal abusers should not be protected from exposure, please make a brief, polite phone call to Governor Bill Haslam at 615-741-2001 and urge him to veto this dangerous bill.

You can just say “I live in [CITY], and I’m calling to ask that Governor Haslam veto SB.1248/HB.1191 because the bill makes it a crime to expose cruelty to animals.”Please leave your name and phone number and ask for a call back when the governor has made his decision.

After calling, please submit this form to automatically send a follow-up message.

And please forward this message to all your friends and family, and post it on your Twitter and Facebook accounts; we have less than a week to convince the governor to veto this bill.

Please stand with me for these poor horses and other animals who are being abused.