addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Music City Wine Enthusiasts Message Board › Wine Club Recipes

Wine Club Recipes

Laura
user 3700371
Group Organizer
Nashville, TN
Post #: 24
We have some great cooks in our group and folks are always asking for recipes when we have events. I wanted to start this thread where we can post our favorite wine club recipes. I will get a few posted up here that folks have asked me about to get the ball rolling.
Laura
user 3700371
Group Organizer
Nashville, TN
Post #: 25
Cosmopolitan Cranberry Sauce
From Epicurious

Laura's note: I add about a tablespoon of lime juice to mine, because I put a splash of lime juice in my cosmos. P.S. It is sooooo good on baked brie!

Makes 3 cups
This vibrant condiment takes its inspiration from the popular cocktail the Cosmopolitan. The alcohol heightens the sauce's flavor, but for kids and nondrinkers, the recipe can easily be made nonalcoholic by substituting orange juice for the water and deleting the vodka and liqueur.
Ingredients

1 (12-ounce) bag fresh cranberries, rinsed, drained, and picked through
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup vodka
3 tablespoons orange-flavored liqueur, such as Grand Marnier or Triple Sec

Preparation

In heavy medium saucepan over moderate heat, combine cranberries, sugar, and 1/2 cup water. Bring to boil, stirring often to dissolve sugar, then reduce heat to moderately low and simmer, stirring often, until thickened and reduced to about 3 cups, about 15 minutes.

Transfer to medium bowl and cool, stirring often, until tepid, about 30 minutes. Stir in vodka and liqueur. Transfer to serving bowl, cover, and refrigerate until chilled and set, at least 2 hours. (Sauce can be made up to 2 weeks ahead and refrigerated.) Serve chilled or at room temperature.

Test-Kitchen Tips: •Thanks to its high acidity, which discourages bacteria growth, cranberry sauce keeps very well. It can be made and refrigerated at least two weeks before serving, and leftovers are likely to keep for another two weeks.
•Buy extra fresh cranberries during their season to freeze and add to baked goods. Do not defrost them before use, but do allow an extra few minutes baking time, as the frozen berries will chill the batter.

Read More http://www.epicurious...­
Laura
user 3700371
Group Organizer
Nashville, TN
Post #: 26
Meatballs are super easy. Can you even call this a recipe?

I just buy a bag of frozen cocktail meatballs (I generally just get the Kroger brand). Put them in the crock pot with a bottle of chili sauce and a 16-oz jar of grape jelly and cook on low all day. (At least five hours.)