At the core of the work of most nonprofits, is a “wicked challenge” – measuring IMPACT. This is a puzzle with no easy solution. Once you begin to address societal issues, we realize how many other issues are connected to it. Let’s call it a web of challenges to overcome. Today, our work demands us to prove capacity to address these societal issues and develop sustainable impact models. But how do we get there?
How do we know what we are doing is having any impact? Sure, we can count the number of hours we work with someone and their family. And we can count the number of cases we have. And we can add up the number of people who completed our program. But is that enough? Enough to fulfill your missions and create fundable, sustainable organizations?
On April 22nd, join NetSquared, DonorFuse, and an innovative panel including:
• Toi Hutchinson, Illinois State Senator
• Marc J. Lane, Board Chairman of Social Enterprise Alliance
• Eric Weinheimer. President & CEO of The Cara Program
• K. Sujata, President of Chicago Foundation for Women
Are there ways we can effectively measure impact? Yes! We’ll share ways to:
· adjust our thinking towards using new metrics and processes to achieve greater clarity of organizational impact,
· implement impact measuring throughout the sector as a standard operating procedure,
· define what “impact” means to specific organizations and communicating with donors and stakeholders,
· improve fund development and the practice of fundraising by using impact metrics, and
· use these metrics and communications to demand changes in the greater society.
We can work in both the micro and macro planes, efficiently, and make a difference. This session will serve as an environment to share ideas about ways to address organizational challenges so we can improve our measures of impact and thrust our use of technology to the forefront.
We will offer a moderated panel discussion and transition into a conversation among attendees in an open forum setting to find “real” solutions to bring back to the office.
RSVP early, space is limited. Light appetizers and beverages (wine, water, and soft drinks) will be served.