addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Net2NO (NetSquared New Orleans) Message Board Net2NO Discussion Forum › Seeking Fellow Ruby/Rails Developers for RubyConf in Nov or those who want t

Seeking Fellow Ruby/Rails Developers for RubyConf in Nov or those who want to learn Ruby/Rails to teach at-risk youth in NO

Malcolm A.
user 12025329
New York, NY
Post #: 43
Hello,

I am going to come back home(NO) for the Ruby Conference http://rubyconf.org/...­ Nov 11th-13th(I will be in NO for week) and I would like to connect with other Rubyists or those who want to learn.

I organize the Ruby Nuby Meetup located in NYC, a non-profit dedicated to teaching the first year of Ruby/Rails Framework and Related Technologies to professionals who then learn better by teaching disadvantaged youths and helping Nubies become professional Rubyists.

Besides making friends with fellow Rubyists in New Orleans, I am especially interested in working with those in New Orleans who would like to work with Ruby Nuby to help the at-risk youth of New Orleans learn Ruby/Rails/Related technologies and find out about our internship program.

Please let me know if there are any Ruby/Rails groups local to New Orleans.

If anyone is willing to house NYC college students for the RubyConf, please let me know. We are working with NYC students to teach at-risk youth. This will allow them to attend the conference at a cheaper price.

namaste,
Malcolm Arnold
RubyNuby01

http://www.meetup.com...­
Joe E.
joeellis
New Orleans, LA
Post #: 1
Malcolm,

We have a Ruby Users group in New Orleans called Ruby Bayou you might want to check out (www.rubybayou.com). It'd be great to have you come by if you're going to be in town. Feel free to message me when you get a chance and I can put you in touch with the right people.
Malcolm A.
user 12025329
New York, NY
Post #: 44
Thanks so much Joe!!! That is great. I will check them out.
A former member
Post #: 2
Ruby Bayou is planning an event for September that will present the Rails Bridge Open Workshop materials, details are starting to come together with UNO and a few sponsors. It'd be great to see you at RubyConf and connect you with the rest of the folks involved with Ruby Bayou. We're planning to have our regular meeting that same week as RubyConf and if you'd like to pitch Ruby Nuby we can can definitely make time. Send me an email and let me know when you'll be in town ahead of RubyConf: james@rubybayou.com
Malcolm A.
user 12025329
New York, NY
Post #: 83
Hello James,

Thanks so much. will contact you offline. Anyone is welcome to email me about running a Ruby/Rails Camp in New Orleans for professionals, students and at-risk, disadvantaged youths. We teach technology to entrepreneurs, those who want to know more about technology and to at-risk youth. The at-risk youth actually become instructors after they go through the program thus getting the skills they need to create their own startups or work in the corporate world. We are doing this Camp in NYC. Our group website is http://www.meetup.com...­

I will stop following this thread so please email me directly or contact me through the Ruby Nuby Meetup in New York, New York.

namaste,
Malcolm Arnold
RubyNuby01