Full details at http://www.NetTuesday.ca/?p=294
Did your favourite nonprofit group send you an email over the winter holidays inviting you to buy a calendar, a t-shirt, or some other form of merchandise?
As nonprofits struggle to adapt to changing donation patterns many of us are diversifying our revenue streams by selling merchandise to our supporters. But merchandise programs bring with them a host of new challenges, including inventory management, distraction from the core mission, and the potential to divert donors to a gift stream with lower net revenue.
But merchandise sales also bring lots of potential benefits. Join a panel of experts at Net Tuesday February and learn if selling merchandise is right for your organization.
* What makes for a successful program?
* How do your determine your program's goals?
* How do you setup a program that will meet your goals?
* Will merchandise clash with your organizational values?
* Can merchandise sales support other organization goals besides fundraising? How can it be used as an employment creation program?
It’s gonna be awesome, so please RSVP.
RSVP on Meetup.com (http://www.meetup.com/Vancouver-social-media-nonprofits-social-change/calendar/15653685/)
* Denise Taschereau (http://ca.linkedin.com/pub/denise-taschereau/5/535/609), Fairware Promotional Products
* Akua Schatz (http://ca.linkedin.com/pub/akua-schatz/22/a09/865), David Suzuki Foundation
* Paul Ryan (http://ca.linkedin.com/pub/paul-ryan/28/50/930), Hope in Shadows