And... we're back!
New meetup: evening drinks in The Behan Lodge - the enclosed and heated upstairs area of the Residence Private Members Club garden.
Kickoff at 6:30pm - it's the usual casual no rules format, just a gorgeous venue and a mix of people who have an (unhealthy?) interest in current affairs . Drink or don't drink, eat or don't eat - there is a full bar and a light bites menu. Go to http://www.residence.ie/ to checkout the venue.
I imagine the following topics will be part of the mix (but note, these are just conversational suggestions - there are no 'speakers', you just grab a chair and chat...):
- How are our new government doing so far?
- Are the previous and proposed cuts fair and 'smart'?
- Are our media serving us well?
- Do the EU have a credible plan?
- The effects of the recession
- The US election
- Aaaannndd, whatever is getting your goat.
Bits and bobs:
- There is no charge to attend this event (but of course you'll pay for whatever you drink/eat).
- You must have booked here and be on the guest list to attend.
- If the event is full, put yourself on the waiting list as I can extend the numbers and/or there are always drop-outs near the date.
- If you book a place and find you cannot attend, or will be late, please let me know as soon as possible.
- Members can bring up to one guest. If you have more than one there's a simple solution, get them to sign up as a member.
- Respect your fellow members, please put the date as a reminder that will alert you a few days before in your phone calendar, so that you don't just forget and leave an empty seat that somebody else could have taken.
- Have an interest in current affairs.
- You don't have to be an 'expert' on anything, just someone who reads a newspaper fairly regularly and tries to follow what's going on in Ireland / the world.
I think that's everything. See you there!