NewHaven.IO Message Board › Market76 is hiring a Ruby on Rails Architect
|A former member||
Market76, based in New Haven, CT, is seeking an experienced Ruby on Rails Developer. We are featured on the newhavenrb.org site - http://newhavenrb.org... - and are actively seeking an experienced developer in the area. We are growing very quickly, and need another developer as soon as possible.
If you are interested in this position, please contact me at email@example.com, or you may call (203) 915-5367. I encourage any interested candidates to explore our website - https://www.market76..... We look forward to hearing from you, and hopefully becoming more integrated with this community.
Please see the job description below:
Ruby on Rails Architect - Financial Accounting - Tech Startup
We are interested in adding talented software engineers and architects, who have a passion for designing and building world class Ruby On Rails applications, to our team to help us continue to grow and expand.
Who we are
Market76 is based in vibrant New Haven, CT. We are a well-funded technology startup with a strong team of talented entrepreneurs determined to help financial advisory firms harness their data to run smoothly, grow quickly, and satisfy their clients.
What you need for this position
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science strongly preferred and at least 3 years of professional software development experience
- Experience in a high-energy startup or an enterprise class software company is a plus
- Solid understanding of MVC framework / software architecture
- At least 3+ years of professional coding ability with Ruby on Rails
- Extensive experience in scalable, performant database architectures built on MySQL (or others)
- Experience working on Search or Big Data Technologies is a definite plus
- A demonstrable skill in the research, design, test, development, and deployment of production-ready applications
- A passion for collaboratively defining clear requirements and objectives, then delivering results
- An in-depth understanding of software systems design and architecture.
- Experience in data modeling, mapping and loading a plus
- U.S.citizenship or permanent resident status
What you’ll be doing
- Develop custom server side applications using Ruby on Rails
- Design for performance, scalability, quality and reuse
- Continually enhancing and extending development skills
- Provide enhancements and create new functionality
- Participate in the entire Software Development Lifecycle
- Work with extremely large data volumes
What’s in it for you
- Work for a growing startup and earn great base pay plus stock options / equity and benefits
- Work with the best of new technologies in an interesting domain, where you can have substantial impact
- Work for a company that is extremely interested in your personal development
- Have fun building a great product that dominates its market segment
- Collaborate with an engaging, talented engineering team
So, If you are a Sr Software Engineer or Hands on Software Architect who codes in Ruby on Rails, please apply today! We are looking forward to receiving your resume and going over the position in more detail with you.